The municipal hospital in Čáslav
The hospital in Čáslav was founded in the year 1894 as a district hospital. The municipal hospital provides health care for citizens of three regions: Central Bohemia, region of Pardubice and region of Vysočina. There are almost 50 000 citizens living in these 3 regions. During the years 2000-2006 the hospital was completely reconstructed. Now it offers comfortable and functionally well designed environment for patients and staff. The hospital is fully designed to improve accessibility for patients with disabilities. In the hospital there are 195 beds. There is the department of internal medicine, department of gynaecology and obstetrics, department of surgery, department of paediatrics. Geriatrics is a part of the hospital, too. The citizens and physicians use also services of the very well equipped department of radiology, department of clinical biochemistry, department of haematology and blood transfusion. All departments use a modern medical information system allowing communication between a ward and outpatient services. The information system allows multimedia data transfers. It contains a managerial application instrumental for evaluation of economics, quality of health care and communication with health insurance companies. In the hospital there are 36 physicians working, 25 of them with attestation of the 2nd degree, and 112 nurses. In the year 2006 there were 6239 hospitalized patients and in twelve specialized outpatients’ departments 153 824 ambulatory examinations were carried out. According to the votes of twelve thousand respondents who participated in electronic voting in the frame of the national project Hospitals of the Czech Republic 2006, the Municipal hospital in Čáslav won 2nd place.
|© 2006 EuroMISE centrum - All rights reserved